Students in CP English 11 will be required to complete the following:
1. 12 Vocabulary Units
- 1st Marking Period: Units 1, 2, 3 - Recall Words on Quizzes 2 and 3
- 2nd Marking Period: Units 4, 5, 6 - Recall Words on Quizzes 5 and 6
- 3rd Marking Period: Units 7, 8, 9 - Recall Words on Quizzes 8 and 9
- 4th Marking Period: Units 10, 11, 12 -Recall Words on Quizzes 11 and 12
2. Vocabulary Review Worksheets will be assigned for each Vocabulary Unit. These Review Sheets are valued at 66 points.
3. Independent Readings:
- 1st Marking Period - Ethan Frome
- 2nd Marking Period - To Kill a Mockingbird
- 3rd Marking Period - Of Mice and Men
* Please note: A Reading Schedule will be issued to all students at the beginning of each Independent Reading Assignment. This Reading Schedule will indicate the pages that must be read and the due date for each assignment. Also, weekly QUIZZES will be issued to all students to ensure reading is completed.
4. 1 In-Class Timed Writing and 1 Take-Home Processed Essay will be assigned to each student during Marking Periods 1, 2, and 3.
- In-Class Timed Writing = 100 points
- Take Home Processed Essay = 150 Points
** Please make sure you follow my detailed notes regarding writing in order to score well on the Essays!!!**
5. Research Paper will be assigned during 4th Marking Period. Value = 200 points.
6. Public Speaking Experience: Students will complete an Oral Presentation about The Crucible at the end of the 2nd Marking Period.