Sports Medicine (Physicals/Impact Testing)
Northampton Area High School Athletic Department - Sports Medicine Department
- Jess Frontanes - Athletic Trainer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jorge Perez - Athletic Trainer - email@example.com
- Shannon Taby - Athletic Trainer - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bollinger Student-Athlete Accident Insurance Information (Important 2020-21 Update)
- 2020-21 Interscholastic Athletic Secondary Insurance & Injury Notice
- 2020-21 Bollinger Pennsylvania Student Accident Insurance Program - Interscholastic Athletics
Northampton Area High School Athletic Sports Physicals: Provided by St. Luke's Physician Group, Inc.
In order to participate in interscholastic athletics at Northampton Area High School, the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) requires all athletes to submit a valid sports physical (CIPPE) dated after June 1, 2020. PIAA CIPPE physical evaluation's are valid for one school year or until May 30th of the current year. All medical and school registration information must be completed and submitted to the NHS Athletic Department before a student can participate in athletics. All students who did not participate in a school sponsored sport during this current school year must complete Section 1-6 of the PIAA CIPPE physical evaluation (FamilyID Sections 1-4 & Paper Form 5-6). If a student did participate in a school sponsored sport during this current school year, a student would need to complete PIAA CIPPE Section 7 - Recertification (paper form required). If the student sustained an injury requiring medical attention, the student would also need to complete PIAA CIPPE Section 8 (paper form required). All sport physicals offered at Northampton Area High School for this school year will be free of charge.
If you are unable to attend one of the physical dates at our high school, please contact Jorge Perez (email@example.com) for a list of locations that provide walk-in services for sport physicals.
PIAA CIPPE physical evaluations must be completed after June 1, 2020 for the 2020-21 school year.
Northampton Area High Schol Sports Physicals Dates
- *UPDATE* 2020-21 Fall Sports Physicals: Wednesday, June 24th, 2020 (2-8pm), Thursday, June 25th, 2020 (2-8pm), Saturday, July 11th, 2020 (9-2:30pm) & Monday, July 27, 2020 (2-8pm), Coca Cola Park, Allentown, Pa.
- Please click here to register your time slot. All athletes must pre-register and take CIPPE Pages 5 & 6 with them to the physical. CIPPE Pages 1-4 will be completed under your FamilyID signup registration. Event is rain or shine. All students are required to wear a mask.
- Athletes unable to attend these dates may still obtain a physical from their private physician. A reminder that all physicals must be obtained after June 1, 2020.
- 2019-20 Winter Sports Physicals: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 5-7pm, NAHS Main Gym
- 2019-20 Spring Sports Physicals: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 5-7pm, NAHS Main Gym
Northampton Area High School ImPact Testing Information
Valid ImPact baseline tests are required for all NAHS student-athletes prior to trying out for a sports team. Please contact the athletic department if you have any questions.
Northampton Area High School ImPact Testing Dates
- 2020-21 Fall Season - Students may contact Head Athletic Trainer Jorge Perez, firstname.lastname@example.org, to receive a link and instructions on how to complete 2020-21 fall season ImPact testing at home.
- 2019-20 Winter Season - Tuesday, October 22 and Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 3:00pm, 3:30pm, 4:00pm (4:30pm Session 11/14/18 Only) - Rooms 2305, 2306, 2307, 2308)
- 2019-20 Spring Season - Tuesday, February 18th, 2020 and Friday, February 28th, 2020 - 3:00pm, 3:30pm, 4:00pm - Rooms 2305, 2306, 2307, 2308)