Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
January 27, 2020
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
- Resignation of Pamela Romanishan from the position of Special Education Instructional Assistant, effective at the end of the day on January 24, 2020.
- An intermittent unpaid leave of absence for Employee #3615, effective January 20, 2020, through on or about February 14, 2020, with insurance.
- Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2019-20 school year.
- Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Revised listing of individuals to oversee intramural programs and the weight room for the 2019-2020 school year, effective August 1, 2019, through June 30, 2020.
- Attendance of Mr. Shaun Murray at the 2020 Pennsylvania State Athletic Directors Annual Conference in Hershey, PA, on March 24-27, 2020, at an approximate cost of $1,062.99. The amount is included in the 2019-2020 Board approved curriculum budget.
- Listing of 2019-2020 Spring Season Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches with their designated payments, effective July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2020.
- Justin Wieller, Assistant Principal at Northampton Area High School, on a date to be determined, upon release from present school district. Salary will be $82,000, prorated with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
- Mrs. Tara Mrazik, Mrs. Neali Feimster, Mrs. Tara Walbert, Mrs. Jaclyn Grejda, Mr. Matthew Greenplate, Mrs. Allison Fiorini, Mrs. Leigh Zakutansky, and Mr. Ryan Brobst to attend the PA DECA State Conference along with one hundred and seventeen (117) DECA students, on February 19, 20, and 21, 2020, in Hershey, Pennsylvania. The maximum cost to the District will be $10,411.50. All costs to the District are included in the Board approved 2019-2020 curriculum ($8,431.50) and high school ($1,980.00) budgets.
- Mrs. Pretopapa and approximately thirty (30) students and five (5) chaperones to travel to New York, NY, on Wednesday, April 29, 2020, for a National Honor Society educational field trip. The cost to the District will not exceed $550.00 and is covered in the 2019-2020 Board approved budget.
- Jason Williamson, Assistant Business Administrator, effective January 28, 2020. Salary will be $75,000, prorated, with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
- Treasurer’s Report.
- Authorize the administration to commit Northampton Area School District’s participation in the CIU20 regional wide area network and PAIUnet, from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2030 with estimated monthly costs of $2,154.62 less eRate reimbursements.
- Resolution that establishes the costs that may be imposed on and collected from delinquent per capita taxpayers, all in accordance with the Resolution and Schedule “A” attached to the Resolution. Any Resolution in conflict with this Resolution shall be deemed to have been repealed to the extent of that conflict, otherwise said prior Resolution shall remain in full force and effect.
- Approve and authorize the School Board President to sign the agreement entered into between the School District and Kratzenberg & Associates, Inc. D/B/A Keystone Collections Group (Keystone) for the collection of current real estate taxes for the tax year beginning 2020-2021 and thereafter and current per capita taxes for tax year beginning 2020-2021 and thereafter, and delinquent per capita taxes for tax year 2019-2020 and thereafter.
- Tax Exonerations/Changes
- Bills for Payment
- Appoint Jamie Scheirer as a trustee of the Northampton Area Public Library for a three year term effective February 1, 2020 to January 31, 2023.