Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
November 25, 2019
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
- A half-year sabbatical for Sheila Mengel, Special Education Teacher at Moore Elementary School, effective on or about January 22, 2020, through the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Resignation of Dawn Nickischer from the position of Assistant Business Administrator, effective at the end of the day on November 29, 2019.
- Resignation of Robert Yost, Printing Services Technician, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective at the end of the day on December 30, 2019.
- Revised job description for Assistant Business Administrator, and the newly created Senior Accountant position, effective December 3, 2019.
- Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2019-2020 school year.
- The following addition to the Athletic Event Staff for the 2019-2020 school year:
Jennifer Gaetaniello Wrestling Scorekeeper
- Kayla Turner, Long Term Substitute Grade 4 Elementary Teacher at George Wolf Elementary School, effective December 13, 2019, for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. Her salary will be $280.61 per diem, based on a Bachelor's Degree, Step 1.
- Jason Williamson, Senior Accountant, effective December 3, 2019. His annual salary will be $64,000.00, pro-rated with benefits, in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
- Ms. Kristy Henritzy, Mr. Herman Gestl, Ms. Christine Hunsberger, Ms. Jenn Shellhammer-Getz, Mr. Brian Fegley, Mr. Alan Hartzell, and approximately 15-20 students to travel to Pigeon Forge, TN, on Saturday, March 14, through Tuesday, March 17, 2020, for pre-season softball scrimmages and practice. There is no cost to the District.
- Adoption of the following revised and new policies effective November 25, 2019: 113.3 – Screening and Evaluation for Students With Disabilities; 122 – Extracurricular and Club Activities; 217 – Graduation Requirements; 301 – Creating a Position; 304 – Administrator Selection/Hiring Process; and 435 – Family and Medical Leaves.
- Northampton Area High School 2020-2021 Program of Studies.
- Treasurer’s Report.
- Individual contracts for services with Kelly M. Deibert, Jacqueline Funk, and Ivan Rosario for ASL/ENGLISH Interpreter Services, on an as needed basis from January 1, 2020, through December 31, 2020.
- Tax Exonerations/Changes.
- Bills for Payment.
- Creation of a Coach Gwen Whildin Memorial Scholarship Fund to benefit senior scholar athletes.