Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
February 24, 2020
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
- Employee #3553, an unpaid leave of absence extension through on or about March 2, 2020, no insurance.
- Employee 1503, a paid leave of absence, for medical reasons, beginning February 3, 2020, through February 12, 2020 – AM, and unpaid FMLA leave of absence beginning February 12, 2020 - PM, through on or about March 6, 2020, with insurance, as per Federal Government regulations.
- Resignation of Donna Lokay, Tax Office Clerk, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective at the end of the day on June 30, 2020.
- Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Additions to the Spring Season Athletic Coaching Staff and stipends list for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Ryan Mertz and two (2) students to attend the PMEA Northeast Region Orchestra Festival at Hazelton Area High School in Hazle Township, Pennsylvania. The students will be attending March 11 through March 13, 2020. Mr. Mertz will be attending on March 11, 2020. He will also attend the performance on Friday, March 13, 2020, but will not require a substitute. Snow dates will be March 12, 2020, March 13, 2020, or March 16, 2020. The approximate cost to the District is $454.06. The costs are included in the Board approved District budget.
- Treasurer’s Report.
- Jason Williamson, Assistant Business Administrator, as the alternate voting delegate for the Northampton TCC for Northampton Area School District.
- Services agreement effective, February 25, 2020, with St. Luke’s Physician Group, Inc., to provide behavioral health services, at no cost to the District, through December 31, 2022.
- Bills for payment.
- Settlement Agreements and Releases for a special education student.