Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
March 9, 2020
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
- Resignation of Devin Steele from the position of Autistic Support Teacher, effective at the end of the day on February 24, 2020.
- Revised job description for the Senior Accountant position, effective March 10, 2020.
- Employee 4324, an unpaid FMLA leave of absence beginning February 20, 2020, through on or about March 6, 2020, with insurance, as per Federal Government regulations.
- Resignation of Bradford Sell from the position of Young Politicians Club Advisor at the High School, effective at the end of the day on March 31, 2020.
- Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Resignation of Nancy Miller, Special Education Instructional Assistant, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective at the end of the day on June 3, 2020, or the last student day of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Harley-Day Hallman, Special Education 1:1 Instructional Assistant at Lehigh Elementary School, effective retroactive to February 25, 2020. Her salary will be $13.07 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the ESPA Agreement.
- Jessica Lear, Senior Accountant, effective on or about March 25, 2020, pending receipt of proper documentation. Salary will be $55,000.00, pro-rated with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
- Adoption of the following new policy, effective March 9, 2020: 413 – Evaluation of Professional Employees. Approve the deletion of the following policy, effective March 9, 2020: 412/413 (4:01) – Evaluation of District Personnel
- A three (3) year service agreement with Solo Pest Control of Walnutport, Pennsylvania, for an annual cost of $4,320.00 with a 0% increase over the three (3) year period. Effective date: July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2023.
- 2020 summer school tuition rates of $300.00 for resident students and $325.00 for non-resident students.
- Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit Student Driver Education Program Agreement.
- A 60-month lease with Fraser Advanced Information Systems for eleven (11) copiers to be located throughout the District at a cost of $2,585.00/month.
- A one (1) year extension for Trash Removal/Recycling services to Chrin Hauling, Inc., at a cost of $4,220.75 per month for the term of July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022.
- Tax Exonerations/Changes.
- 2019-2020 Budget Transfers
- Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit Non-Member SD & Charter Schools Special Education Services Agreement.
- Bills for Payment.
- Nominate Nicholas Politi as Northampton Area School District’s representative to the Northampton Community College Board of Trustees effective July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2026.