Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
JUNE 8, 2020
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
- Employee #4103, a paid childbearing leave of absence, beginning on or about November 5, 2020, through December 16, 2020, a paid childrearing leave of absence, beginning December 17, 2020, through December 22, 2020, and an unpaid FMLA childrearing leave of absence beginning December 23, 2020, through on or about March 22, 2021, with insurance, as per Federal Government regulations.
- Revised listing of Traffic Duty Monitors and hourly rates, effective retroactive to August 26, 2019, through the end of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Sarah Aduddell, as a school psychologist at a rate of $38,514 total for a maximum of one hundred twenty-five (125) days, no benefits, for a term beginning July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2021.
- Summer School Instructors and their reimbursement based on the current Supplemental Reimbursement for Extra Services - Curriculum and Instruction. Effective dates for the program will be June 15, 2020, through July 23, 2020.
- Teachers to provide Extended School Year (ESY) and Chapter 15/Section 504 Services for the summer 2020.
- Alternate method of billing and payment with Northampton Community College for the 2020-2021 fiscal year.
- Adopt the 2020-2021 Final Budget. That the Board of Education does approve the 2020-2021 Final Budget as follows:
General Fund $113,651,481
Food Service Fund $2,504,747
Athletic Fund $258,743
The General Fund Budget is supported by no tax increase and the following tax levy:
Act 511 Local Tax Enabling Act:
Per Capita Tax $5.00
Real Estate Transfer Tax 0.5%
Earned Income Tax 0.7%
Section 670 Pennsylvania School Code:
Per Capita Tax $5.00
Real Estate Tax 54.89 mills
- Bills for Payment.
- Sports Medicine Services and Sponsorship Agreement between Saint Luke’s Hospital d/b/a St. Luke’s University Hospital (“SLB”) and St. Luke’s Physician Group, Inc., and Northampton Area School District effective July 1, 2020, for an initial term of five (5) years and an automatic renewal term of three (3) years, unless notice of termination is given by the School District at least 90 days in advance of the expiration of the initial term. The Agreement provides athletic trainers and physician services for the District’s athletic programs and other services related thereto as well as monetary contributions to support the District’s athletic programs and higher education scholarship opportunities for each year of the Agreement for two deserving students. The Agreement shall supersede and replace the existing Agreement between the parties which was due to expire June 30, 2021.
- Agreement for Medical Services with St. Luke’s Physicians Group for a five year term commencing on July 1, 2020, (the “Effective Date”) and ending on June 30, 2025, unless terminated earlier as provided for in the Agreement or unless the parties mutually agree in writing to renew this Agreement beyond the initial Term. All services will be provided to the School District at no cost. Under the Agreement St. Luke’s Physicians Group will provide all student medical services for which the School District is mandated by law to provide as well as other administrative services that will assist the School District in carrying out its health related programs and other health related needs for the benefit of students and staff.
- 2020 Homestead and Farmstead real estate tax reduction amount at $113.65 with a 2020 Homestead and Farmstead real estate assessed value reduction at $2,071.00.