Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
July 13, 2020
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
- Revised list of Professional and Support Staff transfers effective with the 2020-2021 school year.
- Resignation of Ann Snyder, Special Education Instructional Assistant, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective June 23, 2020.
- Resignation of Kelly Muschlitz from the position of Kindergarten Teacher at Moore Elementary School, effective June 30, 2020.
- Joshua Feiler, Maintenance I employee, effective on or about July 27, 2020, pending receipt of proper documentation. His base rate of pay will be $27.60 per hour ($27.10, 90% of the current hourly rate + .50 for Associate’s Degree), with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and Teamsters Local 773.
- Kimberly Haupt, TPE Kindergarten Teacher at Moore Elementary School, effective August 24, 2020. Her salary will be $59,021.00, with benefits, based on a Master’s Degree and Step 3, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
- Textbook Adoptions for the 2020-2021 School Year for a total cost of $163,142.37. Curriculum textbook costs are included in the Board approved curriculum budget.
- The following Public Official Bonds through Willis of Pennsylvania, Inc., with Fidelity & Deposit Company of Maryland as the carrier:
Assistant Board Secretary (Denise Vilkauskas), 1-year term, 7/1/20-6/30/21, $25,000 limit – $88.00
Board Treasurer (Jason Williamson), 1-year term, 7/1/20-6/30/21, $25,000 limit – $150.00
- Amendment of the contract with PowerSchool cancel the subscriptions and services for UT Absence Management Sub Eligible (now SmartFind Express Sub Eligible) and UT Absence Management Nonsub Eligible (now SmartFind Express Nonsub Eligible) effective October 1, 2020.
- Treasurer’s Report.
- Bills for Payment.
- ABA contract for student with special needs to be paid out of ACCESS funds.
- FTF Behavior Consulting contract for a student with special needs to be paid out of ACCESS funds.
- Adoption of the attached School Board Resolution that authorizes the School Board President or Vice President and/or Secretary as may be necessary to execute, sign, attest or witness the required Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Transportation (PennDOT), Deed Fee Simple as attached to the Resolution and other documents for the purpose of conveying to PennDOT the right-of-way along Blue Mountain Drive that have frontage along the existing Lehigh Elementary School and new Lehigh Elementary School construction project.