Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
September 28, 2020
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
- Job description for Curriculum Supervisor – Grants and Special Programs.
- Resignation of Jalen Nichols from the position of Study Hall Instructional Assistant at the High School, effective at the end of the day on September 25, 2020.
- Employee #3666, an unpaid FMLA leave of absence extension, through on or about October 30, 2020, as per Federal Government regulations.
- Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Employee #1994, a medical sabbatical effective September 18, 2020, through February 11, 2021.
- Resignation of Dr. Kathleen Ott, Director of Data, Grants and Special Programs, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective December 31, 2020, waiving the 150 day notification requirement.
- Revised Department and District Coordinators, Middle School Subject Leaders, and Middle School Team Leaders’ compensations, effective retroactive for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Department and District Coordinators, Middle School Subject Leaders, and Middle School Team Leaders compensations, effective for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Alyssa Miller, Short Term Substitute Grade 4 Teacher at Siegfried Elementary School, effective retroactive to August 24, 2020, through on or about October 31, 2020. Her salary will be $125.00 per day.
- Voluntary transfer of Jason Jones as Science Teacher at the Middle School to Biology Teacher at the High School, effective September 28, 2020, with no change in salary.
- Extra-Curricular & Supplemental Positions for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Matthew Durich, TPE Science Teacher at the Middle School, effective no later than December 1, 2020, pending receipt of proper documentation. His salary will be $55,277.00, pro-rated with benefits, based on a Bachelor’s Degree and Step 3, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
- Claudia Bento, Long Term Substitute Special Education Teacher at Siegfried Elementary School, effective September 29, 2020, for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year. Her salary will be $287.53 per diem, based on a Bachelor’s Degree, Step 1.
- Approve the deletion of the following policy, effective September 28, 2020: 717 – Tobacco Use
- A five (5) year service agreement with Bonfitto Inc., from October 1, 2020, through September 30, 2025, to clean, inspect and service the District’s boilers at an annual cost of $11,222.00.
- BerkOne to prepare and mail the Homestead applications on behalf of the District in accordance with Act 72 of 2004 and Act 1 of 2006 at a cost of $0.37 per mailing.
- Settlement of the real estate tax assessment appeal filed in the Court of Common Pleas of Northampton County at Docket No. C0048-CV-2015-8368 by Campbell Real Estate Holdings, LLC effective March 1, 2015, for School District fiscal years beginning July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2015 and for all subsequent tax years for Tax Parcel No. K6NW4C 12 17 0503 located within the Borough of Bath at 107 E. Main Street and further approve and authorize the District’s Solicitor to execute the Stipulation of Counsel on behalf of the School District. The Administration shall refund to Campbell Real Estate Holdings, LLC all overpayment of school real estate taxes plus interest, if any, for the applicable years of the settlement.
- A 60 month lease with Fraser Advanced Information Systems for a color copier to be located at the High School at a cost of $185.00 per month.
- Treasurer’s Report.
- Bills for Payment.