Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
October 26, 2020
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
- Employee #1738, an unpaid FMLA childrearing leave of absence, beginning January 18, 2021, through January 22, 2021, as per Federal Government regulations
- Professional status and tenure for the following teachers who have completed three years of teaching and have received six satisfactory evaluations:
George Wolf Elementary High School
Stephanie Chlebove-Hartrick Michael Miller
Elena Krupa Izabela Pintarich
- Job descriptions for Curriculum Supervisor – Grants and Special Programs and Curriculum Supervisor – Elementary Education K-6.
- Approve the additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Approve the revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2020-21 school year.
- Resignation of Lydia Hanner, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective June 30, 2021.
- Resignation of Carol Colarusso, Instructional Assistant, for the purpose of superannuated retirement, effective at the end of the day on January 4, 2021.
- Revised listing of Traffic Duty Monitors and hourly rates, effective retroactive to August 31, 2020, through the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Revised listing for Extra-Curricular & Supplemental Positions for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Kaysee Rorer, Long Term Substitute Speech and Language Pathologist at Moore and Lehigh Elementary Schools, effective November 5, 2020, through May 14, 2021. Her salary will be $304.27 per diem, based on a Master’s Degree, Step 1.
- Voluntary transfer of Nicolette Teles from Reading/Writing Supervisor K-12 to Curriculum Supervisor of Grants and Special Programs, effective January 1, 2021, with no change in salary. Teles will continue her role as Reading/Writing Supervisor K-12 until a replacement is in place.
- Title III program – “Embracing English for Adults” (EEFA) which will be held virtually from November 5, 2020, through November 19, 2020. Parents will be able to attend at no cost. Additionally, there is no cost to the District for providing this instruction for the parents. Also approve listed staff members who will be paid with Title III funds, at no cost to the District.
EL Instructor – Stephanie Szoke
EL Instructor – Robin Matis
Previous EL Teachers: Allison Hozza and Christine Nemeh.
- Authorize the issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Series AA of 2021, in the maximum amount of $24,000,000, for the purpose of the current refunding of the General Obligation Bonds, Series A of 2013, provided that a net minimum savings of $400,000 is achieved.
- Authorize the issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Series of 2021, in the maximum amount of $11,500,000, for the purpose of funding the last phase in the financing plan of the new Lehigh Elementary School Project.
- Authorize the issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Series A of 2021, in the maximum amount of $12,000,000, for the purpose of the current refunding of the General Obligation Bonds, Series of 2016, provided that a net minimum savings of $200,000 is achieved.
- Treasurer’s Report.
- Bills for Payment.
- The following Fund Balance amounts and classifications:
*Nonspendable: $302,299 for Inventory and $141,781 for Prepaid Expenses
*Committed: $1,000,000 for Capital Improvements
*Assigned: $40,701 for Student Activities, $2,886 for Chromebook Reserves, and $3,081,230 to Balance the 2020-2021 Budget
- Authorize Administration to prepare and solicit annual bids for the following supplies and services for the 2021-2022 school year Maintenance/Custodial Supplies, Instructional/General Supplies, Gasoline/Diesel, and Fuel Oil/Natural Gas.
- Accept, with appreciation, Thanksgiving Day Meals for twenty-five (25) families within the Northampton Area School District from Ms. Liz Zeiner, BEI Electrical Company, 1035 Bushkill Center Road, Nazareth, Pennsylvania.