Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
November 9, 2020
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
- Job description for Curriculum Supervisor – Secondary Education 7-12.
- Rescind the educational sabbatical for Cornelius McHugh for the second semester of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Rescind the educational sabbatical for Laura McHugh for the second semester of the 2020-2021 school year.
- An unpaid FMLA leave of absence extension for Employee #4441, through November 6, 2020.
- Employee #3304, an unpaid FMLA childbearing/childrearing leave of absence beginning May 20, 2021, through October 28, 2021, and an unpaid childrearing leave of absence, beginning October 29, 2021, through April 19, 2022.
- Approve an unpaid leave of absence extension for Employee #3657, through November 9, 2020.
- An unpaid childrearing leave of absence extension for Employee #3294, through June 7, 2021.
- An unpaid leave of absence extension for Employee #4708, through January 19, 2021.
- Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2020-21 school year.
- Revised listing for Extra-Curricular & Supplemental Positions for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Michelle Schoeneberger as Director of Curriculum and Instruction, effective July 1, 2021, at a salary of $116,000, with benefits, in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
- Listing of 2020-2021 Winter Season Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches with their designated payments, effective July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2021.
- Caterina Mengel, 10-Month Secretary at George Wolf Elementary, effective November 10, 2020. Her salary will be $18.67 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the ESPA Agreement.
- The temporary transfer of John Turk from Third Shift Custodian to Head Custodian at the High School effective December 7, 2020, through January 22, 2021, with a salary in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and Teamsters Local 773.
- The following policies for adoption: 1 – Discipline of Students With Disabilities; 113.2 – Behavior Support; 113.4 – Chapter 15/Section 504 – Renumber to 113.5; 113.4 – Confidentiality of Special Education Student Information; 123 – Interscholastic Athletics; 123.3 – Sudden Cardiac Arrest – Renumber to 123.2 – Sudden Cardiac Arrest; 123.2 – Interscholastic Athletics – Concussion Policy – Renumber to 123.3 – Interscholastic Athletics – Concussion Policy; 340 – Responsibility for Student Welfare; 440 – Responsibility for Student Welfare; 540 – Responsibility for Student Welfare; 705 – Facilities and Workplace Safety; 803 – School Calendar; 904 – Public Attendance at School Events - (with Attachment 1); and 907 – School Visitors
- Bills for Payment.
- Individual contracts for services with Kelly M. Deibert and Ivan Rosario for ASL/ENGLISH Interpreter Services, on an as needed basis from January 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021.
- 2020-2021 Budget Transfers.
- Revised Secondary School Handbook for the 2020-2021 school year.
- The revised NASD Phased School Reopening Health and Safety Plan effective August 11, 2020. Since the Plan may be subject to further revision from time to time as required by changing circumstances or Commonwealth Orders and Guidance, the Superintendent of Schools is hereby authorized to implement changes to the Plan as necessary and thereafter submit a revised Plan for review and approval by the School Board. The Plan and changes to the Plan shall be distributed electronically to all School District staff and parents/guardians/students, and posted on the School District Website.
- Authorize School Board President to execute the grant of Easement to Verizon Pennsylvania LLC for the purposes as set forth in the Easement including the right to install and construct the utility facilities as described in the Easement and sketch plans attached thereto. The sketch plans depict the location of the utility facilities on School District land in proximity to the northeast corner of Seemsville Road and Route 329.