Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
November 23, 2020
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
- Employee #4297, an unpaid FMLA childbearing/childrearing leave of absence beginning May 7, 2021, through October 8, 2021.
- Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Resignation of Kelly Powers, Autistic Support Teacher at the Middle School, effective January 16, 2021, or until a suitable replacement has been found.
- Revised listing of 68-day Short-Term Substitute Teachers for the 2020-2021 school year. The per diem rate will be $125.00, per the Substitute Professional pay schedule, no benefits.
- Revised Mentor/Inductee List for the 2020-2021 School Year including the mentors and stipend payment for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Revised listing for Extra-Curricular & Supplemental Positions for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Danielle Bowman as the Fall Sports Assistant to the Athletic Director, retroactive to July 1, 2020, at a stipend of $4,120.
- First Amendment to the services agreement with St. Luke’s Physician Group, Inc., for Behavioral Health Services, effective December 1, 2020, at no cost to the District.
- Master Services Agreement with Navigate 360 for a Behavioral Threat Assessment Module, effective January 1, 2021, through December 31, 2023, at an annual cost of $8,100 and an initial, one-time, implementation fee of $1,350.
- Treasurer’s Report.
- Bills for Payment
- Appoint Ross Makary to serve on the Bethlehem Area Vocational Technical School Board of Directors effective December 2020, through December 2023.
- Accept, with appreciation, the donation of Learn & Play Kits donated to the Northampton Area School District by the United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley.
- Revised NASD COVID-19 Athletics and Activities Health and Safety Plan effective November 24, 2020. Since the Plan may be subject to revision from time to time as required by changing circumstances or Commonwealth Orders and Guidance, the Superintendent of Schools is hereby authorized to implement changes to the Plan as necessary and thereafter submit a revised Plan for review and approval by the School Board. The Plan and changes to the Plan shall be distributed electronically to all School District staff and parents/guardians/students, and posted on the School District Website.