Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
December 7, 2020
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
During the Board Organization portion of the meeting of the Board of Education, David Gogel was elected President of the Board and Chuck Frantz was elected Vice President for 2021. Administration shall provide public notice of the regular school board meetings for the calendar year 2021 in accordance with law.
The Board of Education approved the following:
- A half-year sabbatical for Kelly Backenstoe, for the purpose of professional development, for the second semester of the 2020-2021 school year.
- An unpaid leave of absence extension for Employee #4217, through December 10, 2020.
- Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Resignation of Heather Sznoluch, Grade 1 Teacher at Moore Elementary School, effective January 30, 2021, or until a suitable replacement has been found.
- Employee #4323, an unpaid FMLA childbearing/childrearing leave of absence, beginning December 1, 2020, through February 16, 2021 – AM, as per Federal Government regulations, and an unpaid childrearing leave of absence beginning February 16, 2021 – PM, through March 19, 2021.
- A half-year sabbatical for Employee #2847, for the purpose of restoration of health, for the second semester of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Continuation of Caralie Seward, Long Term Substitute Social Studies Teacher at the High School, for the second semester of the 2020-2021 school year, with benefits. Her salary will be $287.53 per diem, based on a Bachelor’s Degree, Step 1.
- Voluntary transfer of Katie Biechy as Learning Support Teacher to Autistic Support Teacher at the Middle School, effective on or before January 16, 2021, with no change in salary.
- The following policies for adoption with revisions: 203 – Immunizations and Communicable Diseases and 209 – Health Examinations/Screening. The following policy for deletion: 252 – Dating Violence.
- 2020-2021 Budget Transfers.
- Bills for Payment.
- Accept, with appreciation, Thanksgiving Day Meals for six (6) families within the Northampton Area School District from Ms. Candace Strain, J’s Steak & Subs, 1830 Main Street #3, Northampton, Pennsylvania.