Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
January 11, 2021
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
- Employee #2856, an unpaid FMLA childbearing leave of absence beginning April 13, 2021, through April 16, 2021.
- Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2020-21 school year.
- Resignation of Kyle Haas from the positions of Security Officer, Head Football Coach, Weight Room Supervisor and Event Staff Game Manager, effective at the end of the day on January 5, 2021.
- List of Professional Staff transfers.
- Resignation of Shamarie Boreman from the position of Cafeteria Monitor at Moore Elementary School, effective January 10, 2021.
- Revised listing of 2020-2021 Winter Season Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches with their designated payments, effective July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2021.
- Tricia Nagle, Long Term Substitute Second Grade Teacher at George Wolf Elementary School, retroactive to December 1, 2020, through the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year. Her salary will be $287.53 per diem, based on a Bachelor’s Degree, Step 1.
- Pursuant to the Stipulation of Counsel, approve the settlement of the real estate tax assessment appeal filed in the Court of Common Pleas of Northampton County at Docket No. C-48-CV-2019-08404 by Joseph Bennett and Debra Kay Bennett effective July 1, 2020, for the School District fiscal year 2020-2021 for Tax Parcel No. K3 10 7-2 0501 located within Allen Township and further approve and authorize the District’s Solicitor to execute the Stipulation of Counsel on behalf of the School District. The Administration shall refund to Bennett any overpayment of school real estate taxes plus interest, if any, for the applicable year of the settlement.
- Bills for Payment.
- 2021-2022 school calendar.
- Accept, with appreciation, a donation of Northampton High School memorabilia, including diplomas, yearbooks, musical and athletic programs, and various other artifacts donated by Melody Geary DiStefano.