Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
February 8, 2021
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
- Unpaid leave of absence extension for Employee #4665, through March 30, 2021.
- Employee #3357, an unpaid FMLA childrearing leave of absence beginning March 1, 2021, through March 5, 2021.
- Resignation of Mary Persichetti, Speech and Language Pathologist, for the purpose of retirement, effective at the end of the day on June 7, 2021, or the last teacher day of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Resignation of Faye Gross, Special Education Instructional Assistant, for the purpose of normal retirement, effective at the end of the day on June 4, 2021, or the last student day of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Resignation of Georgine Hottle, Elementary Teacher, for the purpose of normal retirement, effective at the end of the day on June 7, 2021, or the last teacher day of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Resignation of Krystyna Dalrymple, Reading Specialist, for the purpose of retirement, effective at the end of the day on June 7, 2021, or the last teacher day of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Revised listing for Extra-Curricular & Supplemental Positions for the 2020-2021 school year.
- The following policy for adoption: 218.3 – Discipline of Student Convicted/Adjudicated of Sexual Assault. Approve the following policies for revision: 103 – Discrimination/Title IX Sexual Harassment Affecting Students and 606.2 – Interim Taxes on Real Property.
- Approve, and authorize the School Board President to sign, an Agreement between the School District and D’Huy Engineering, Inc. (D’Huy) for professional engineering services (the Agreement) for the development of a Master Plan and other services as set forth therein (the Services) for property known as Route 329 consisting of 92.3 acres of vacant land located at the intersection of Route 329 and Seemsville Road, East Allen Township, Northampton County (the Property). The Master Plan shall include a phased development of the Property for an elementary school, an administration building, a maintenance building and a bus parking area (the Phased Project). The compensation for D’Huy and its sub-consultants for the Services shall not to exceed $540,500. The Services shall include the following: Initial Feasibility Study and Planning, Sketch Plan Submission to East Allen Township, Conditional Use Submission to East Allen Township, Land Development Plan Submission to East Allen Township and obtaining all approvals for the phased development of the Property in accordance with the Master Plan and the Agreement.
- Catalog Fixed Discount Program as awarded by the IU20 Joint Purchasing Board for the period of January 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021.
- 2020-2021 Budget Transfers.
- A three (3) year agreement with Gorman & Associates, P.C. to provide auditing services for the District and Public Library for the fiscal years ended 2020-2021, 2021-2022, and 2022-2023.
- Approve the settlement of the real estate tax assessment appeal filed in the Court of Common Pleas of Northampton County at Docket No. C-48-CV-2019-10174 by the Northampton Area School District against Fedex Ground Package System, Inc. for Tax Parcel No. MS 2 16A 0501 effective for School District tax year beginning July 1, 2020, and July 1, 2021, and pursuant to the Settlement Stipulation, and further approve and authorize the School District’s attorney, Raymond P. Wendolowski, Esquire, to execute the Settlement Stipulation on behalf of the School District.
- Bills for Payment.
- Creation of the Jess Finlayson Memorial Scholarship Fund to benefit senior volleyball scholar athletes and math students.