Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute for the Northampton Area School District. We accept applications throughout the year for all substitute positions. Please refer to the list and file attachments below for all required documentation. You must apply through TalentEd with this link: Employment Opportunities
If you have any questions, contact Jill Stout at 610-262-7811 X 20021.
DAILY SUBSTITUTE TEACHER RATE - $110.00/DAY Certified Teachers and College Graduates
Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree? Do you like working with children and having an impact on their educational development? Do you like the idea of working only on school days, having weekends, holidays and summers off? The District can apply to the state of Pennsylvania for an Emergency Teaching Permit for anyone.
SUBSTITUTE NURSE RATE - $130.00/DAY
SECRETARIES - $10.80 per hour
INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANTS - $10.53 per hour
LUNCHROOM/HALL MONITORS - $10.53 per hour
CUSTODIANS - $12.13 per hour
SECURITY GUARDS - $12.28 per hour
Colonial IU20 Substitute Teacher Training Program - Colonial IU20
College Students: NEW OPPORTUNITY! Prospective Teachers
- Must be currently enrolled in a Pennsylvania approved college or university teacher preparation program
- Must have a minimum of 60 semester hours or equivalent
- May teach a maximum of 10 days for a single employee, and a maximum of 20 days per year
- Must meet requirements of Section 111, 111.1 and 1109 of the School Code related to clearances and moral character
- May be renewed for one additional year
- Must provide proof of completion of additional 15 credits hours or equivalent from a commonwealth college or university
- Must remain enrolled in a commonwealth college or university
Substitute work days will be monitored to satisfy requirements of the Affordable Health Care Act.