Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
February 24, 2021
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
- Resignation of Carole Torbinski from the position of Security Officer, effective at the end of the day on February 18, 2021.
- Revised Master District Volunteer List for the 2020-21 school year.
- Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2020-21 school year.
- Revised listing for Extra-Curricular & Supplemental Positions for the 2020-2021 school year.
- John Toman, Head Football Coach, effective for the 2021-2022 school year, for a total compensation of $13,194.00, pursuant to the NASD/NAEA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Listing of 2020-2021 Spring Season Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches with their designated payments, effective July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2021.
- Lauren Mortimer, TPE Science Teacher at the Middle School, effective March 29, 2021. Her salary will be $54,055.00, pro-rated with benefits, based on a Bachelor’s Degree and Step 1, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
- Memorandum of Understanding for Services between Valley Youth House and Northampton Area School District for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year to provide additional One-to-One Counseling (three (3) additional days a week at Moore, George Wolf, Lehigh and Borough Elementary Schools) at a cost not to exceed $19,404 and paid for through the PDE Safe Schools Program Grant 2020-2021. There is no cost to the District for these additional counseling services.
- Letter of Agreement and Fee Schedule from Vantagen, LLC to administer the District’s Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Benefit Plan for the period of July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2023.
- Treasurer’s Report.
- Bills for Payment.
- Revised NASD Phased School Reopening Health and Safety Plan effective August 11, 2020. Since the Plan may be subject to further revision from time to time as required by changing circumstances or Commonwealth Orders and Guidance, the Superintendent of Schools is hereby authorized to implement changes to the Plan as necessary and thereafter submit a revised Plan for review and approval by the School Board. The Plan and changes to the Plan shall be distributed electronically to all School District staff and parents/guardians/students, and posted on the School District Website.
- Reappoint Crystal Becker, Crista Billowitch, and Walter Fries as trustees of the Northampton Area Public Library for three (3) year terms effective March 1, 2021, to February 29, 2024.
- Accept, with appreciation, the donation of a child’s wheelchair donated by St. Matthew’s United Church of Christ, Kunkletown, Pennsylvania.