Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
July 19, 2021
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
- Revised list of Professional and Support Staff transfers for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Unpaid childrearing leave of absence extension for Employee #4297, through April 4, 2022.
- Revised list of teachers to provide Extended School Year (ESY) and Chapter 15/Section 504 Services for the summer 2021.
- Revised listing of NASD Summer Bridge teachers, nurses, guidance counselors, technology lead teachers, and instructional assistants and their reimbursement in accordance with the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. Effective dates for the programs will be June 14, 2021, through August 12, 2021. All salaries will be paid through the ESSER III grant.
- Mary Ann Weaver, TPE Elementary Teacher at Siegfried Elementary School, effective August 23, 2021. Her salary will be $56,777.00, with benefits, based on a Bachelor’s Degree and Step 3, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
- Ashley Gulla, LTS Elementary Teacher at Siegfried Elementary School, effective August 23, 2021, for the 2021-2022 school year. Her salary will be $55,555.00, with benefits, based on a Bachelor’s Degree and Step 1, funded through the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief III (ESSER III)
- Lloyd Graff, Security Officer, effective August 20, 2021. His salary will be $22.14 per hour, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NASA.
- Amy Wieller, LTS Music Teacher at George Wolf Elementary School, effective August 23, 2021, through April 19, 2022. Her salary will be $295.51 per diem, based on a Bachelor’s Degree and Step 1.
- Contract between the Northampton Area School District and Sarah Aduddell as a Psychoeducational Evaluator effective July 20, 2021. The contract will terminate on June 30, 2022. The provided services will not exceed $28,000.00, plus mileage.
- A five (5) year service agreement with Otis Elevator of Allentown Pennsylvania, for the three (3) elevators at Northampton Area Middle School, one (1) elevator at Moore Elementary School, and one (1) elevator at George Wolf Elementary School. The service agreement is at an annual fee of $13,104.00 from the term of July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2026.
- Approve and authorize the School Board President to execute the Improvements Agreement and Maintenance Agreement for the Lehigh Elementary School Project and further authorize the administration to carry out all terms and conditions of the Agreements including but not limited to obtaining a Letter of Credit to secure the completion of the public improvements and to secure the maintenance of the public improvements for a period of 18 months after completion. In accordance with the terms and conditions of the Agreements the security amount will be reduced upon completion of the public improvements and will be released in its entirety upon the expiration of the maintenance period.
- The following bids for fuel oil for the 2021-2022 school year as awarded by the Northampton/Monroe/Pike County Joint Purchasing Board:
- #2 Fuel Oil (Truck Transport) @ $2.1735/gal. to Talley Petroleum of Grantville, PA
- #2 Fuel Oil (Tank Wagon) @ $2.5375/gal. to PAPCO of Aston, PA
- Unleaded Gasoline 87 Octane (Tank Wagon) @ $2.2948/gal. to Talley Petroleum of Grantville, PA
- Off-Road Diesel (Tank Wagon) @ $2.7570/gal. (fluctuating) plus $0.035/gal. for winter additive to Lehigh Fuels of Whitehall, PA
- The following 2021 Real Estate Tax Exoneration: 329 Property (Parcel L5 1 12) – Northampton Area School District in the amount of $1,119.77 due to being a tax exempt entity.
- Contract for a special education teacher to provide school-based special education services not to exceed $22,491.
- Treasurer’s Report.
- Bills for Payment.
- Secondary and Elementary School Handbooks for the 2021-2022 school year.
- NASD Health and Safety Plan effective August 1, 2021. Since the Plan may be subject to further revision whether it be immediately or from time to time as required by changing circumstances or Commonwealth Orders and Guidance, the Superintendent of Schools is hereby authorized to implement changes to the Plan as necessary and thereafter submit a revised Plan for review and approval by the School Board. The Plan and changes to the Plan will be placed on the District website and communicated to parents/guardians.