NORTHAMPTON AREA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
Northampton Area School District is committed to creating an avenue for each student to participate in athletics by offering a quality athletic program. We strive to teach the values of sportsmanship, teamwork, competition, hard work, discipline as well as individual achievement. Success is not measured by the win-loss record but by the growth and development of each individual student within the community.
Northampton Area Schools compete against other public and private schools as members of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference. The "Konkrete Kids" are geographically located in the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association's District XI.
Shaun MurrayDirector of AthleticsNorthampton Area High Schoolmurrays@nasdschools.org
*The Athletic Department is working to update the athletic website during our new site transition. Your patience is appreciated.*
Northampton Area High School Sports Sign Up Procedures
Sign-ups will take place in the NAHS Athletic Office for grades 9-12 and in the NAMS Main Office for grades 7 and 8. Students will be asked to sign in and pick up packets of information containing directions, the PIAA CIPPE (Physical) Form and the NASD Extra & Co-Curricular Code of Conduct and Consent Form.
- 2018-19 Fall Sports Sign Ups: May 25, 2018 to August 2, 2018 Fall Tryouts Begin: August 13, 2018 (Football Heat Acclimatization August 6, 2018).
- 2018-19 Winter Sports Sign Ups: October 15, 2018 to November 9, 2018 Winter Tryouts Begin: November 16, 2018.
- 2018-19 Spring Sports Sign Ups: January 28, 2019 to February 25, 2019 Spring Tryouts Begin: March 4, 2019.
All completed PIAA CIPPE (Physical) Forms and Extra-Curricular Code of Conduct & Consent Forms must be submitted to the NAHS Athletic Office for 2018-19 fall sports by August 2, 2018 in order to be eligible to participate on the first day of practice.
Northampton Area MS Sports Informational Meeting Schedule
The Athletic Department will be offering informational meetings with coaches regarding middle school sports prior to each season. Parents and prospective athletes are invited to attend. Please see the schedule below:
- 2018-19 Fall Sports (MS: Cheerleading, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Girls Volleyball & HS: Cheerleading, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, Girls Tennis, Girls Volleyball) - Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - Middle School Cafeteria - 5-6:30pm (Current 6th and 7th grade students interested in playing a middle school sport next fall & current 8th grade students interested in playing a high school sport next fall)
- 2017-18 Winter Sports (Cheerleading, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Junior High Wrestling) - Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - Middle School Cafeteria - 5-6pm (7th and 8th grade students interested in playing a winter sport)
- 2017-18 Spring Sports (Girls Softball, Boys Volleyball) - Thursday, February 8, 2018 - Middle School Cafeteria - 5-6pm (7th and 8th grade students interested in playing a spring sport)
Important Preseason Sign Up FormsImportant Student Physical and ImPact Testing InformationImportant First Day of Practice Information
*Please Note: Per PIAA, 7th-12th grade students are only permitted to participate on PIAA sanctioned sports teams sponsored by the Northampton Area School District. All 6th grade students must continue to participate in our local youth athletic associations.2017-18 Football Season Ticket Sales
- 2017-18 First Day Practice Schedule for Fall Sports - Monday, August 14, 2017
- 2017-18 First Day Practice Schedule for Winter Sports - Friday, November 17, 2017
- 2017-18 First Day Practice Schedule for Spring Sports - Monday, March 5, 2018 *Updated March 2*
2017-18 Northampton Area High School Athletic Site & Driving Directions
- Season ticket information can be found by clicking here