Sports Medicine (Physicals/Impact Testing)
Northampton Area High School Athletic Department - Sports Medicine Department
- Jess Frontanes - Athletic Trainer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jorge Perez - Athletic Trainer - email@example.com
- Shannon Taby - Athletic Trainer - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bollinger Student-Athlete Accident Insurance Information (Important 2020-21 Update)
- 2020-21 Interscholastic Athletic Secondary Insurance & Injury Notice
- 2020-21 Bollinger Pennsylvania Student Accident Insurance Program - Interscholastic Athletics
Northampton Area High School Athletic Sports Physicals: Provided by St. Luke's Physician Group, Inc.
In order to participate in interscholastic athletics at Northampton Area High School, the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) requires all athletes to submit a valid sports physical (CIPPE) dated after June 1 of the upcoming season. PIAA CIPPE physical evaluation's are valid for one school year or until May 30th of the current school year.
All FamilyID school registration information and all PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (CIPPE) medical information must be completed and submitted to the NHS Athletic Department before a student can participate in athletics.
All students who did not participate in a school sponsored sport during this current school year must complete a FamilyID Full Registration which includes an electronic version of PIAA CIPPE Section 1-4 and a paper form version of PIAA CIPPE Section 5 and 6.
If a student did participate in a school sponsored sport during this current school year, a student would need to complete a FamilyID Re-Certification Registration which includes an electronic version of PIAA CIPPE Section 8 - Recertification. If the student sustained an injury requiring medical attention, the student would also need to complete PIAA CIPPE Section 9 (paper form required).
All sport physicals offered at Northampton Area High School for this school year are free of charge.
If you are unable to attend one of the physical dates at our high school, please contact Jess Frontanes at email@example.com for a list of locations that provide walk-in services for sport physicals.
PIAA CIPPE physical evaluations must be completed after June 1, 2021 for the 2021-22 school year.
Northampton Area High School Sports Physicals Dates
- 2021-22 Fall Sports Physicals: Tuesday, June 8th, 2021, 5-8pm, NAHS Main Gym (register on FamilyID)
- Additional Coca-Cola Park Dates (Allentown, PA): Thursday, July 16, 2021 (2-7:00pm), Saturday, July 17th, 2021 (9-2:00pm) & Tuesday, August 10, 2021 (2-7:00pm)
- Coca-Cola Park Sign Up Link
- 2021-22 Winter Sports Physicals: TBD, NAHS Main Gym
- 2021-22 Spring Sports Physicals: TBD, NAHS Main Gym
Northampton Area High School ImPact Testing Information
Valid ImPact baseline tests are required for all NAHS student-athletes prior to trying out for a sports team. Please contact Jorge Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a link to complete your baseline test invitation.