District Updates - February 2019
Due to the inclement weather this year, the District is required to make-up six (6) instructional days. The following will be the make-up days for students:
- Thursday, April 18, 2019 (will be used for the cancellation on Thursday, January 31, 2019)
- Monday, April 22, 2019 (will be used for the cancellation on Wednesday, February 13, 2019)
- Tuesday, June 4, 2019 (will be used for the cancellation on Friday, November 16, 2018)
- Wednesday, June 5, 2019 (will be used for the cancellation on Tuesday, January 29, 2019)
- Thursday, June 6, 2019 (will be used for the cancellation on Wednesday, January 30, 2019)
- Friday, June 7, 2019 (will be used for cancellation on Tuesday, February 12, 2019)
Due to the above schedule change, Wednesday, May 29, Thursday, May 30, and Friday, May 31, and Monday, June 3, 2019, will now be full days for students and staff. Tuesday, June 4, Wednesday, June 5, Thursday, June 6, Friday, June 7, 2019, will be early dismissal days. Secondary schools (Grades 6-12) will dismiss at 10:30 a.m. and elementary schools (Grades K-5) will dismiss at 12:00 noon.
Graduation is still scheduled for Saturday, June 1, 2019, at 4:00 p.m. at Stabler Arena. Seniors who have graduated are not required to attend schools on Monday, June 3, through Friday, June 7, 2019.
The National Honor Society Induction ceremony original scheduled for this evening will now be held on Tuesday, February 19, 2019, at 7:00 p.m. in the High School Auditorium.
The varsity girls’ basketball semi-final game scheduled for today will be held tomorrow, Thursday, February 14, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. at Easton Area Middle School.
Schools will be closed on Friday, February 15, 2019, for a staff development day and also on Monday, February 18, 2019, in observance of Presidents’ Day.
Congratulations to the wrestling team for finishing second at the State Wrestling tournament.
Thank you for your understanding.
Joseph S. Kovalchik
Superintendent of Schools