Message from Mr. Kovalchik
All schools will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday from Wednesday, November 21, up to and including Monday, November 26. Classes will resume on Tuesday, November 27.
The annual Thanksgiving Day Football Game will be held at Catasauqua this year on Thursday, November 22, at 10:00 a.m. Come out and support the players, Big N Band, and Cheerleaders, and reunite with Northampton Alumni.
Congratulations to the Big N Band for winning the Tournament of Bands, Region 2 Group 2A Championship for the third year in a row!
Congratulations to the students who participated in the High School Fall Play, “The Diary of Anne Frank”. Your performance was outstanding!
Good luck to our Winter Student Athletes on a successful season. The full schedule of athletic events can be found on the District website.
The month of December is full of performances by all of our students. I know that all of the shows will be great. Below is a schedule of Concerts/Events throughout the District:
- November 29 @ 7:00 p.m. – 6th Grade Chorus Concert (Middle School Gymnasium)
- November 30 @ 7:00 p.m. - Middle School/High School Band Concert (High School Auditorium)
- December 4 @ 7:00 p.m. – 7th & 8th Grade Chorus Concert (High School Auditorium)
- December 7 @ 7:00 p.m. – Middle School/High School Orchestra Concert (High School Auditorium)
- December 10 @ 7:00 p.m. – Moore Elementary Chorus Concert (Moore Elementary School)
- December 11 @ 7:00 p.m. – Moore Elementary Band/Orchestra Concert (Moore Elementary School)
- December 11 @ 7:00 p.m. – Siegfried Elementary Concert (High School Auditorium)
- December 11 @ 7:00 p.m. – Lehigh Elementary Drama Program (Lehigh Elementary School)
- December 12 @ 7:00 p.m. – George Wolf Elementary Band/Orchestra Concert (George Wolf Elementary School)
- December 13 @ 7:00 p.m. – Lehigh Elementary Band/Orchestra Concert (Lehigh Elementary School)
- December 13 @ 7:00 p.m. – George Wolf Elementary Chorus Concert (George Wolf Elementary School)
- December 14 @ 7:00 p.m. – High School Chorus Concert (High School Auditorium)
As the year progresses, we will continue to work together to provide as many educational opportunities for our students throughout this school year.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Joseph S. Kovalchik
Superintendent of Schools